Red Hat Launches New Package Repository for Enterprise Linux

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Jul 30 11:12:36 UTC 2007

Sundaram, Rahul wrote:
> He wants Red Hat to include EPEL as a repository by default.
> By "update batch", he is referring to the sync updates like 5.1.
> This needs to be discussed with product management.
> I will let you know if and when there
is a change.

That's what I thought, but didn't want to assume.

Now even as an outsider, I don't see it happening.
EPEL throws many wrenches into SLAs and guarantees,
among many other things, which we can revisit from RHL days.

EPEL is great.
EPEL can and should be accommodated as best as possible.
But I don't see that going into the product itself,
other than maybe the Fedora signing key for security.

At least if I was a product manager at Red Hat,
that's just the line I would have to draw for SLA reasons.

Bryan J Smith - mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile