Red Hat Launches New Package Repository for Enterprise Linux

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 30 12:35:02 UTC 2007

Bryan J Smith wrote:

> At least if I was a product manager at Red Hat,
> that's just the line I would have to draw for SLA reasons.

Good thing you aren't and Daniel Riek is ;-).Seriously though, the SLA
might be a hurdle and this is one of the reasons I clarified it in the
EPEL FAQ and some notes can be added within the repository file and
other places too.

With the current state, EPEL has low visibility for RHEL users and we
will be discussing that with product management folks.