Fedora Project Sign for GITEX Demo Pod -- here we go ...

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 30 14:46:24 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Hisham Abdel-Magid wrote:

> i am loosing track : |
>
> what to do with the "GITEX sign" as a bottom line : )
> with/without RH logo?

Without RH logo. !

Why ? following John Babich discussion, some of us had some
difficulties in organizing fedora booths at certain events in the
past, just because Fedora was too related to Red Hat.

Some organizers pointed to the direct influence of Red Hat in fedora's
marketing team. At that time, we hadn't much choice than to accept and
pay high price for the booth.

Most of the work done by the local ambassadors were in vain since we
couldn't afford to pay more. Time was wasted.

Now things have changed in the fedora community, but in some people's
mind it isn't. So I strongly request you to avoid using Red Hat logo
next to Fedora's in the future.

Please don't complicate the life of other fedora ambassadors.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com