Hats!

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov bogo at spisanie.com
Tue Jun 5 09:31:55 UTC 2007

Stefan Held wrote:
Hi ,
> Am Dienstag, den 05.06.2007, 12:02 +0300 schrieb Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov:
>
>> Action, my friend actions.
>
> ?
>
>> Suse (not OpenSuse) ans Ubuntu depends a lot of theirs company sponsors, but NOT Fedora.
>
> Have you ever seen the amount of money RH spends to run Fedora? Would
> you like to take care of that? T-Shirts, Media, Infrastructure.

No, but I think Community can handle that.

> What do you think would happen if RH would decide to remove the support
> for all that stuff? Would the community take care of all costs? So is
> not every community driven Project in a friendly way dependent on theire
> sponsors?
>
> Think about FTP Mirrors all over the world.

What about them? Mirrors here are provided by local sponsors, like
others in the World.

>> This is community driven, I think.
>
> No. Community driven means we work and decide together. There is no
> difference if a contributer works for google, dell, HP, Intel, redhat or
> any other Company as long as he is delivering content or code to the
> project i do not care if he weares a base cap with *logo, a red Hat,
> yellow socks or whatever.
Exacly. Fedora community is open and the way of working is open. Not
like the others. Try to contribute for Ubuntu, for example.

> It doesnt even matter for me if he works for SuSe/Novell or Canonical if
> he respects free Software and contributes to any upstream project, he is
> part of the big community Open Source.

If Caldera pays you to work for it, what you will choose?

>> Please ask Ubuntu and/or SUSE developers for that and for all
>> procedures to make anything. Those are NOT community driven distros.
>
> You mean like Core and Extras before? :)
>
> From your point of view we are a community driven Distribution since F7?
>
> Do you know why? Because the contributers in this "Community" have
> earned the Respect and showed theire will to make something like Fedora
> Work. I am pretty sure that will happen elsewhere also and then the
> company will mark the Community Trustworthy to lead theire Projects.
>
> Nothing else has happend here. So please stop saying the other projects
> are not community driven because "blabla".
>
> Sometimes it is good to have a strong leadership in a Project to simply
> get things done.
Not neccesary. The way for taking decisions makes the project community
project.

>> Bogo

- --
Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov