R: FEDORA MASCOT

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 19 18:19:26 UTC 2007

I think the discussion is just closed (Alex underline that this
discussion was just closed). We can continue talking about dolphins,
horse etc... but we have just our point of reference, discuss just a
year ago.

I will work to create a wiki page with all marketing closed item, one of
this is Fedora Logo (that, at the end, represents our project, like BSD
logo, MySql etc...), in fact we chose the infinite logo as our own logo,
as other projects chose animal, symbol, signs etc...

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

> Alex Maier wrote:
>
> I see my sarcasm went completely unnoticed. So here:
>
> <sarcasm weight="heavy;">
> How about a puppy wearing a blue fedora hat?
> </sarcasm>
>
> Seriously, this stuff was all discussed and -- I thougt -- resolved a
> long time ago. We have a logo, and that is it. The logo as it exists
> now should be used whenever Fedora is mentioned, not some additional
> imagery that will end up diluting the whole image.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2005-June/thread.html

Francesco Ugolini