FEDORA MASCOT

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Tue Mar 20 14:20:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 12:39:29AM -0600, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Nicu Buculei escribió:
> >Using a hat is absolutely forbidden and we can't do anything about that.
>
> Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? I mean, Fedora is named *after* a hat,

Maybe, but that's the way it is going to be.

Please refer to the list archives (previously linked to) for an *extensive*
discussion of this.  I don't think we need to discuss it again, since
nothing has changed.

> Speech+Infinite+Freedom Fedora logo we now have), I suppose the "no Hats
> allowed" rule comes straight from Red Hat and "marketing confusion/brand
> recognition" if a hat was used by Fedora (not to say the perpetuation of

Correct.  Blame US trademark law, and the follies of human perception.

- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
Manager of Research Computing