Re: Dell Linux Survey has Fedora as an option

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Aillon" <caillon redhat com>
To: <fedora-marketing-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:17 AM
Subject: Dell Linux Survey has Fedora as an option

Just a note that Fedora is listed on Dell's Linux Survey[1] as an option for a potential OS to be preinstalled on future Dell hardware. I encourage people to vote by March 23rd. Hopefully there will be a high number of votes for Fedora and/or RHEL depending on what people think is the better choice for Dell to ship. Getting support from a big name hardware vendor for Fedora or even a Fedora-based distribution such as RHEL would be really cool for Fedora.

Feel free to forward this on to others.

[1] http://www.dell.com/linuxsurvey

Reading the comments from the posts below is a bit disheartening.
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/03/13/7985.aspx#comments

It seems that a lot of people's perception of Fedora is that of an unstable server centred OS which to me seems contradictory to what it is.

We have a lot of work to do.

Regards,

Marc