Re: FEDORA MASCOT

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Alex Maier wrote:

Seriously, this stuff was all discussed and -- I thougt -- resolved a
long time ago. We have a logo, and that is it. The logo as it exists
now should be used whenever Fedora is mentioned, not some additional
imagery that will end up diluting the whole image.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2005-June/thread.html

/me shrugs.

If the Fedora community wants a mascot that they can use independently of the Fedora Logo -- which is Trademarked And Thus Unavailable For Free Usage -- I have no problem watching them try.

The official mark is clearly a settled question. But the beauty of unofficial marks is just that; they are unofficial.

--g