Projects Wanted

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 20 20:44:55 UTC 2007

Ryan Coleman wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have just joined the Fedora Wiki and wanted to know if there are any
> projects which i can help out on. I have a good linux experience and
> have been using fedora for about 2 years also i have been working on
> linux (RedHat) servers for about 3 years
> If anyone has any ideas on anything i can help out on please email me at
> ryanc75 AT gmail.com <http://gmail.com> and if i can i will help.

Since you wanted to be involved in coordinating news to the press as you
indicated earlier on the offlist mail I would describe what I had in mind.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SpreadingNews

If you look at the above page there is a list of press outlets that we
would like to reach to when we have events of interest within Fedora
which might as big as a new release or a major milestone.  Currently we
would have to send it manually. What would be useful is to have a single
place where we can feed in this information and get a automated way to
send it out to every relevant website via different mechanisms like a
submit API, form fill or even a email address.

Would you be interested in creating a infrastructure for that or
alternatively acting as a gateway and sending the info manually?