FEDORA MASCOT

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 21:56:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 15:16 +0900, Naoki wrote:
> I'm still digging the goat because it's sort of like the Gnu
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildebeest).
>
> They live in almost any environment, in harsh conditions, they are
> sturdy and reliable, eat anything, and have horns.
>
> The best argument against so far was that it is already the mascot for
> LiveJournal : http://www.livejournal.com/site/goat.bml

Goats are rather well known in America for being trash eaters. They have
a propensity to go stiff-legged and faint whenever startled. Also, all
goats are infested with stomach worms.

I think the frog would be a much better mascot. They live in virtually
all parts of the world, come in many colorful varieties, are versatile
(they can live in the water and on land), and easily recognized.

Of course I'm biased here, but I think a frog would make an awesome
mascot. :)

~spot