Liberations fonts from Red Hat

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu May 10 08:42:11 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> This calls for many questions:
>
> 2. Does Red Hat intend to morph it in a community project (with the
> usual wiki+bugzilla+open SCM infrastructure) or will contributions be
> restricted to the contracted foundry (ie will it need a fork like Vera
> before joining community space ?)

One possibility I see is to work with the Open Font Library
(unfortunately the website http://openfontlibrary.org/ is down for the
moment because of some troubles with freedesktop.org)

> 5. is it intended to be the new RHEL or Fedora default font set or
> just a windows compatibility pack ?

The linked article seems to suggest it as a future default font.

> 7. why is this discussed on the marketing list first ?

I guess it was an invitation for people to spread the word about it
(blogs, digg, news sites).