Distrowatch dot com judgment of Fedora's relation with the "community"

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 10 04:06:36 UTC 2007

Ladislav Bodnar wrote:
> I wish you guys complained earlier, when we were having a discussion
> about each distro's description. I did ask for input, but as far as I
> can remember, there were no complaints about that particular point.
> Now the article has been translated to 7 languages so changing any
> text is no longer as simple as editing one line. Also, I'd prefer if
> any particular complaint/suggestion came directly from the user
> community, not from people who have a redhat.com or fedoraproject.org
> in their email addresses, since you are likely to be biased.
>
> Anyway, I am now going to switch my main system to Fedora (I rotate
> distributions every 6 months in order to be more objective about
> covering them) so hopefully I'll get a bit more involved with the
> Fedora community soon. Alternatively, you can try to rally your users
> - if I receive 100 emails saying that Fedora is every bit as
> community-oriented as Ubuntu or Debian or openSUSE, I will concede
> that I was wrong.
>
> Cheers :-)
>
> Ladislav

If translation is the issue, I am sure we can ask our translators to
help out in that. Everybody is biased Ladislav. I just make mine more
explicit in my email address.

If mass spam is what will convince you that can surely be arranged too
;-). Welcome to Fedora again. Let us know what your impressions are when
you get sometime with Fedora 7.  I look forward to any reviews.