Fedora Marketing Press Release in English

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 25 00:11:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 12:42 -0700, Thomas Chung wrote:
> I was referring to the Press Release for LinuxTag[1] and the Press
> Release for FUDCon Berlin[2] posted by  FabianAffolter.
> Since it's only available in German at the time of posting, I was
> requesting a volunteer who can translate into English.

Ah!  That is very different, thanks for the clarification.

Are the Ambassadors aware of this nifty little module?

cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs/press-release

It uses XML but a very small subset if tags, defined in its own DTD.
This makes it very easy for anyone to use.  It also lets us output the
press release into POT files for easy translation using the same tools
used in the rest of the distro.

There is an 'ambassadors' group or something similar, right?  We can get
Infrastructure to give read-write-create for that group to the
'press-release' module.  It contains both the tools for writing press
releases and an archive of press releases.

Currently, the README is full of warnings to not use the tools.  We'll
have to check with Paul and Tommy to see if the tools are ready for
(beta) usage.  Should be ...

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project