[Ambassadors] release announcement talking points (HURRY!)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat May 26 00:03:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 11:52 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> Let me take a shot on-list, since we're more likely to see engagement this
> way IMHO:

Thanks; busy week for me, just back on task here.

I rolled all the suggestions so far into here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/ReleaseAnnouncements/TalkingPoints

Sorry!  I broke my own rule and cross-posted; I meant to push discussion
here only. :)

> Big Message #1: REMIX.  Fedora is now remixable.  Add your own packages,
> remove packages you don't like, build your own distro and share it with
> the world.  Let a thousand distros bloom.
>
> Big Message #2: APPLIANCES.  The new tools for building Fedora make it
> *dead simple* for any reasonably experienced Linux admin to create their
> own custom distribution.  Ideal for ISVs who want to build an appliance
> around their own product.  Build an RPM, identify the minimal number of
> packages needed to make an appliance around that RPM, and then build a
> distro and a live image.  Easy as pie.
>
> These are essentially the same message -- but they hit two different
> audiences.  The first message is "consumer-y", the second is
> "enterprise-y".

OK, nice long messages.  Versus short points.  Maybe a mix?

BIG PARA ONE

BIG PARA TWO

LIST OF FIVE ADDITIONAL ITEMS

Remember -- the goal here is not to _write_ the announcement, but to
define what each group writes in their own language.  We can specify
some quantity of content per item, if we think it matters.

Once we have talking points together, I'll invite anyone who is
interested to take it off list and write up the en-US version with
me. :)  Some things are funnier when developed off-list ...

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project