Fedora People etc

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 04:56:33 UTC 2007

John Poelstra wrote:
> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A while ago some people suggested that it would be good to do some
>> marketing work for the stuff that goes on around Fedora the
>> distribution, like the web space of Fedora People...
>>
>> Anybody had any thoughts on what would be a good approach to go with
>> this? Seeing as Fedora 8's out the door now, seems like a good time to
>> get some information about it out.
>
> I bet the Infrastructure group via their mailing list or #fedora-admin
> could give all kinds of examples of how people are using it and how it
> compares to other projects.

One thing I'd like to see more of is our banner ads.  A FWN banner that
comes out and is linked on the main site the day it comes up, or
rotations between it and a new group, you get the idea.  Classic
advertising banners but on our fedora themed sites (fedoraproject.org,
torrent, fedorapeople.org, etc).

Javascript could pick a random banner on page load, weighted or other
criteria (like higher weight for FWN on the days it comes out), it'd
just take A) the art team to build the banners (they rock) and B)
someone to write the code to put it in our pages.

/2 cents.

    -Mike