My first event but...

Nayyar Ahmad nayyares at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:03:05 UTC 2007

Hi Laith,

On 11/2/07, Laith Juwaidah <ljuwaida at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> An open day will be held in one of the biggest universities in the country
> on the 6th of Nov.
>
> I want to participate but I've got some problems:
> 1. I don't think I can do everything on my own, I tried to contact the
> other ambassador in the country, Mr. Yasser Al-Shaqsi, twice, but I haven't
> got any reply.

2. I don't have the material I need: I don't have T-shirts, I don't have a
> projector. All I have is a laptop where people can try Fedora...

If you d'nt have these stuff right now, you can plan to just visit the event
and move around in public places, discuss the aims and objective of Fedora
Project, just to spread the word FEDORA ! it is not mandatory that you have
to organize at that level, if you are alone at the time...its the best time
to find few people there, you might explain the limitations you have in
presenting Fedora during the day , and it may happen that some one agree to
help you in organizing such events... keep in mind that Fedora is a
non-profit project, we always have limitations in term of money, but people
(we)
 support/work for the project just to promote an idea that fascinate us, and
we want to spread it to others... My recommendation for you would be to have
fun during the day at university and speak about Fedora, spread the word...
!

3. I don't know about this but it's stupid to say to someone "Here's the
> seventh version. Oh! BTW, the eighth version will be released after 3
> days"!!!!

i have already explain to you, just talk about Fedora features and
objectives....

So, what do you think? Should I go for it, or should I just wait till the
> next event? (The nearest even I know about is COMEX which will be in April)
> :(

i d'nt think it would be a great idea to wait until you get all stuff in
hands...you might never get them... as i told you Fedora is a non-profit
project that produce a 100% free O.S, the way you can plan next event is to
find people who can barrow(for free) you these stuff for event's
presentations, while you can apply under Free-Media program for promotion of
the project in your native !

Moral : we  (Fedora) d'nt force anybody for over burden, we (Fedora People)
get fun when spread the idea ! we (Fedora) d'nt believe in number...

cheer !

Cheers!

> --
> Laith Juwaidah