Book review: Fedora 7 Unleashed

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 2 22:40:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

The reviewer is somewhat critical with the standpoint that books should
cover more of the new features in a release. I am not sure whether it
fits into the demographics of this book but I certainly do feel that
there is a market for a book that only covers new features in every new
release of Fedora. The authors involved would have to work hard since
many of features pop up sometimes fairly close to the release but since
we have a much more organized development plan laid out which is only
going to get better we might indeed be making this easier and for
authors interested in such a book, I am others would be willing to
answer any questions (hint, hint ;-))

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/11/01/book-review-fedora-7-unleashed/

"The Linux community has a consistent influx of new users and curious
onlookers who have the desire to know more. A consumer-oriented,
one-stop shop might get them there faster than the community would, with
its plethora of websites and arcane knowledge passed down though stories
on cryptic mailing lists. So to keep current, these books keep coming.
And if you’re new, it could be your first step into a bigger world."