Does Fedora 8 deserve intellectual welfare

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Sat Nov 10 00:00:33 UTC 2007

"Fedora 8 came out today and quite frankly, it sucks. I’m a Fedora user
and I run Fedora on about 10 servers right now, including this one that
hosts Dvorak Uncensored. But even though I’m a fan I think that it’s
time to end the intellectual welfare that all the Linux reviewers give
it and raise the bar to the same standards that commercial software is
judged by. What is that standard you ask? It’s the standard of “does it
work”. My conclusion - no - it doesn’t. Fedora 8 is broken."

It seems like a rant more than anything from my point of view. Some
valid points but overall a rant.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453

http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/Dvorak_Uncensored_Fedora_8_Sucks

Cheers