Text to Speech Reader Idea for Fedora 9 and beyond

Markus McLaughlin hudsonman35 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:11:41 UTC 2007

Text to Speech Integration Idea for Fedora 9 and beyond
An idea occurred to me when I was walking my Dog last night, there is NO
text to speech RSS reader available in Linux!  What I mean by that is I am a
NEWS Junkie, it would be so SO cool if there was an Open Source Text to
Speech RSS Reader which converts a News RSS feed to speech which is then
processed into an OGG, AAC, or MP3 file that can be put on any mp3 player!
 So for instance Late Breaking News is available from the BBC News RSS
feeds, a text to speech reader would translate the
feed to a male or female British accented voice, which is then recorded
instantly to mp3, aac, or ogg!
Then the reader moves the file to an Ipod or any other mp3 player out there
via built-in Ipod compatible plug-in.  It would also be able to do the same
with CNN with American accented female or male voices. I hope this idea
doesn't fall on "deaf" ears, I think it would be a great free or low cost
tool to have on Fedora!

Mark McLaughlin
linuxglobe.wordpress.com
Hudson, MA, USA