Distrowatch maintainer reviews Fedora 8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 19 09:31:58 UTC 2007

Hi

A very positive review but there a number of small niggles mentioned
which I hope to respond a bit later.

Digg It:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Impressions_of_Fedora_8

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071119#review

"It was also the first time in years that I used a Red Hat product; as
far as I can remember, I haven't installed any on a production box since
Red Hat Linux 9 and even that was just a simple mail server. But the
Fedora of today is a very different operating system - not only is it
one of the most innovative distributions around, it is now also a
well-oiled community project with increasing participation of
third-party developers and volunteer contributors."

"Although Fedora 8 isn't perfect (which distribution is?), it comes a
lot closer to delivering a superb desktop experience than one would
expect from a company whose business is focused almost exclusively on
the server market. Great job overall and a well-deserved 8.5 out of 10."