Fedora 9 Names/Themes Ideas

Sven von Brand svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Nov 30 05:02:12 UTC 2007

Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> The names that come to mind are Vulcan, Vader, HAL, Cyberdine (Terminator
> Reference,) Suomi (Linus Torvalds' Reference,) Hawking, and Fife (Don
> Knotts' Reference) for Fedora 9 or 10.

I find those way to hard for a distribution that's trying to gain field
in the Regular User, I think it should be softer. And also I don't see
those names coming along with the current naming standards...

> As far as a theme, a ST-TNG "LCARS" style desktop that has a similar look to
> those screens Data and Picard are always using on TNG.  Or a "Virtual
> Library" or "Virtual Cinema" theme.

That sounds very interesting, when can we see a first draft ^^?

--
Sven von Brand Laredo
Estudiante de Ing. Civil Informatica, UTFSM