Freedom is *just* a Feature?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Oct 6 09:28:23 UTC 2007

Matthew Miller a écrit :
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 12:34:41AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Was there any argument against Karsten's variation of:
>> "Fedora is freedom" ?
>
> I think the original has such an immediate positive reaction for readers of
> this list

Right

-- and I think for most of Fedora's core market, as well --

Wrong

> precisely because we hear it in the sense of computer jargon.

You've nailed it, this is a slogan for english computer jargon speakers.
In other words a slogan for hardcore technophiles. I don't think we want
to restrict our audience to hardcore technophiles (at least one of our
major derivatives, OLPC, doesn't)

--
Nicolas Mailhot