Fedora: Freedom is a Feature

M Daniel R Magarzo b2.mdr.magarzo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 16:22:52 UTC 2007

El sáb, 06-10-2007 a las 19:47 -0400, Alejo Cerrat0 escribió:
> Hi,
>

> i've been following the discussion, and I'd like to add variations of
> the slogan to be considered:
>

> Fedora: Freedom Capable
>

> Freedom: Not just another feature
>

> Fedora: Freedom Integrated
>

> Fedora: Freedom of Choice (this one's a repeat)
>

> I don't think the word 'feature' is only associated with computer
> jargon, but it is indeed its stronger association.
> It's been also incorporated to, at least in Argentina, where I come
> from, to everyday Spanish because of a lack of an accurate 1 word
> translation.
>

> AlejoCerrato.
> --

Well Alejo, believe me if I tell you that here, in Spain, I've never
listened to somebody talking about "esta o esa feature". Apart from
nobody would understand you, they would look at you with amazement.

"Feature" is perfectly translatable to the Spanish, even more... as
usually, there are several possibilities for that word:

http://diccionario.reverso.net/ingles-espanol/feature

Daniel