Re: Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Nicu Buculei wrote:

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
"Freedom is a Feature" is a trademark of The Fedora Project and Red Hat, Inc. Use of the words "Freedom is a Feature" without express written consent is strictly prohibited by U.S. and International Law.

Um, I don't think that would look great on Slashdot.

I'd much rather mount a big campaign after the fact that says "$BIGSCARYENTITY stole that line from Fedora."

What we should to to "protect": when we go live with the slogan for the first time we should do *a lot* of noise about it, not just put quietly a new banner on the site.

Yep.  I agree 100%.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg