Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Oct 5 15:58:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 11:46:57AM -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> >Or are you just remarking on the perceived irony of a phrase containing
> >the word "freedom" being considered a form of intellectual property?
> This point exactly.  With other slogans, I'd be less concerned.  With this
> slogan, the idea of protecting the mark gives me some pretty serious
> heartburn.

Maybe we could leave off the TM but include somewhere some lighthearted fine
print about it being a trademark irony notwithstanding and we know that
sounds silly but hey, gotta use the law to protect freedom too. I'm too
tired to be really witty right now but maybe someone else can pick up from
there. :)