Re: Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Paul Stauffer wrote:

I guess my initial comment regarding trademark was spurred by seeing the
phrase used in conjunction with the logo in your mock-up, Mo.  It looked
really good.  They looked like they *belonged* together.  I instantly
foresaw them being linked together in a myriad of contexts all over the
Fedora multiverse.  In such a scenario, where the slogan and the logo are
closely linked, it felt natural that the phrase would be serving a very
similar role to that of the logo itself, and thus they should be treated
similarly.

Hmm.

This is a good point, actually. One of the nice things about trademark protection is that you can protect "elements grouped together in a certain way" without having to protect the individual elements themselves.

But yes -- worth more thinking after we all agree that "Freedom is a Feature" is the right slogan. Which, evidently, we do.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager