Re: Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

Dimitris Glezos a écrit :

Simple, focused. Very nice slogan.

Maybe a bit more difficult to be translated than the current one
("Infinity. Freedom. Voice.").

I was about to make this point too.
I love "Freedom is a Feature" – in English.
But I haven't the faintest idea how to translate it in a satisfactory manner in my own language.

The problem is that while "Freedom" is a well-established universal concept, "feature" is obscure CS-marketoïd speak.

While some languages like English have reused nice pre-existing words for the "CS feature" concept, others use terribly contrived bureaucratic words, and I suspect some do not even have any local word for "feature". It's just not important enough for the vast majority of world's population to justify wording. It's 100% CS jargon speak.