Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 7 21:30:22 UTC 2007

M Daniel R Magarzo wrote:
> El lun, 08-10-2007 a las 00:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram escribió:
>> M Daniel R Magarzo wrote:
>>> You're right. The main problem IMHO is that despite everything, nobody
>>> knows very well what are the identity signs that Fedora should have, nor
>>> the possible target audience it should be intended. But this is another
>>> discussion that I won't to open here.
>> http://gregdek.livejournal.com/16940.html
>

> That argument is not convincing at all. If you want to put yourself a
> vendaje over your eyes.., your self...

What are you doing to help? Just waving a big flag doesn't change anything.

> It's possible. One read so much info throughout the weeks..
> It was just a comment I read.. You seem uncomfortable with it.
> If sometime I find where it was, I promise that you will be the first I
> will tell it.:-)

I am uncomfortable with people spreading misinformation, yes.

> A strange colour for a skin, not? Maybe Fedora (=Teodora, Dorotea) is
> ill.

It's not a skin color. It is the color for a distribution.  Very
different things.

> Maybe like the freedom to use typical RH hats but in blue? What a
> paradoxical!

It is part of a brand. Fedora's brand is explicitly different from
others. The name, logo and colors are part of it.

> In relation with "consolidate your replies", please let me know if there
> is a only email that lacks of sense or not written seriously.

When you are replying to many mails, consolidate the replies. Dozens of
mails one after another as a answer for a week's worth of mails is not
very courteous to people reading those mails. Just common netiquette.