Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Oct 8 08:53:25 UTC 2007

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> What we should to to "protect": when we go live with the slogan for
>> the first time we should do *a lot* of noise about it, not just put
>> quietly a new banner on the site.
>
> any ideas on how to promote it?

I have a large-scale idea: set up a place and invite people to submit
there creation illustrating *their own* vision about freedom: photos,
drawings, 3D art, poetry, short prose, music, video clips, animations,
clay models, paintings... anything.

As an example, *for me* the best illustration is an image with large
empty spaces in the wilderness, for someone else could be the sea,
people gathered at a rock concert and so on.

> this is kind of what i was thinking altho, heh, i was too lazy to gimp
> the photo up to make it more suitable for the text otherwise it'd be
> bigger and positioned a bit more nicely:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/freedom-slogan.png

As a simple implementation I see this possibility: write the text
"freedom is a feature" using the Fedora font and the Fedora blue for the
"freedom" and "feature" words (not for "is a") but without actually
using the "fedora" word anywhere, let people to the connection by
themselves.