Re: Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

M Daniel R Magarzo wrote:

Yes, precisely it's quite the opposite... you fix stuff in order that
other distributions (aka Red Hat) don't have to do it; you do it for
them. ...and that I wouldn't call "an identity sign", but almost necessity.

I guess you don't have much of an idea of who is doing the work and regardless of who is doing it, the benefits is shared by everyone in the community including Red Hat but certainly not limited to it.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RedHatContributions for details.

I see the necessity to capture the identity within the slogan but I don't see the identity itself being questioned. It has been established for a long time now.

"Enterprise employees" are merely another kind of end users and Fedora shared a common base being the upstream though there are different strategies which should be immediately obviously to those who have actually used the different distributions.