Fedora: Freedom is a Feature.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 10 00:18:21 UTC 2007

M Daniel R Magarzo wrote:

> Yes, precisely it's quite the opposite... you fix stuff in order that
> other distributions (aka Red Hat) don't have to do it; you do it for
> them.
> ...and that I wouldn't call "an identity sign", but almost necessity.

I guess you don't have much of an idea of who is doing the work and
regardless of who is doing it, the benefits is shared by everyone in the
community including Red Hat but certainly not limited to it.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RedHatContributions for details.

I see the necessity to capture the identity within the slogan but I
don't see the identity itself being questioned. It has been established
for a long time now.

"Enterprise employees" are merely another kind of end users and Fedora
shared a common base being the upstream though there are different
strategies which should be immediately obviously to those who have
actually used the different distributions.