Looking for Fedora merchandise for Fedora promotion

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Oct 15 09:33:15 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I guess / hope some of you now me. For those on this list who don't here is a
short intro I'm an active Fedora contributer, maintaining over 150 packages.
Currently I'm working on integrating all of the Planet CCRMA audio packages
into Fedora.

I'm also a lecturer in computer science for a Dutch University. In our Computer
Science we do a lot of things with Free Software and specifically with Fedora.
In our last year students do 2 large projects of a 1/2 year each, and I'm one
of the teachers who give assignments for these projects. Thus we do many Fedora
(and other free software) related projects. The autodownloader package used by
quake3, vavoom and others for example is created by our students. So are the
avr microprocessor and gp2x handheld console toolchain packages which are in
Fedora now.

Unfortunately we are currently experiencing a lack of students interested in
Computer Science in the Netherlands. Therefore on our next open university day
we are going to have a big Free Software booth to promote all the open source
work we do, as this is one of the most prominent things we do which clearly
differentiates us from other Computer Science studies in the surrounding area.

Since we do a lot with and somethings for Fedora we would also like to give
Fedora a prominent place there, so I'm looking for things like T-shirts, but
also things like maybe a big blue flag with the Fedora logo on it etc. I know
the Fedora have stuff like this, so I have 2 questions:
1) Can we get / buy "stuff" like this?
2) If the answer to 1 is yes, how / where and how must will it cost?

Many Thanks & Regards,

Hans