Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:26:28 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 00:01 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> On 10/13/07, Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > We've just been talking in a marketing meeting about trying to get
> > some documentation up for creating re-spins before F8...
> >

> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Meetings/Minutes/IRCLog20071013
> for the IRC log of the meeting.
>
> > The Fedora Unity people ahve done a pretty good job with a lot of
> > documentation already so we wondered about pulling it across for
> > docs.fedoraproject.org - perhaps with a bit of editing and pointing
> > back to unity?
> >
> > Is this feasible? What would need to be done? I'd be happy to do the
> > work for this...
> >

> Yes, let's discuss this in the FDSco meeting. I'll add it to the agenda.

We'd love to have compatibly licensed docs, sure!  But with them, we
also really need a maintainer's time.  It doesn't take much time to do
that work, certainly MUCH less than the work of preparing the original
doc, or the code to which it refers.

The Docs project is down to very few working hands and every time
someone asks whether we could use more content, we have to answer,
"Sure, but we need help to keep it up-to-date."  Otherwise, it's more
like throwing it over a wall and expecting "someone else" to handle it,
which is a recipe for outdated, withering documentation.

Could some marketing people be interested in actually doing that work?
Of course we would welcome the help and be happy to advise or train in
any way needed.  I think volunteers would be surprised at how easy it is
to accomplish some of this work.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/