Fedora Life Cycle

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Mon Oct 22 22:35:30 UTC 2007

By example i will use the biggest Brazilian Fedora Case.

SERPRO (Brazilian Government IT Department) has more than 8.000 desktop
stations and several servers using Fedora inside spread in 26 Brazilian
States.

Do you have any idea of what i'm  talking about ????

How can they update it every six month?? It's a craziness !!

It involves planning and a lot of work! it's not that simple!!!!!

IMHO the release and life cycle  must be increased!

RELEASE -> 1 per year
LIFE CYCLE -> 2 years

It'd reduce the Artwork, Free Media, Marketing, Translation,
Documentation and Packing issues.

.... and mirrors, band use and others things!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards!

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira