Res: Fedora Life Cycle

Henrique de Castro henrique_csj at yahoo.com.br
Wed Oct 24 03:45:59 UTC 2007

	O ponto fundamental sobre a discussão a respeito do ciclo de vi

	<!--
		@page { margin: 2cm }
		P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm }
	-->

The fundamental point about the discussion
which says on fedora´s life cycle isn´t just the fact
that Fedora has a short 6 month cycle and it´s “just like
that” as some of the present colleagues have clearly pointed. A lot
of people love Fedora and dedicate much of their time to make it
better and to spread it to increase its instalation basis (even here,
in Brazil´s remote caverns). To me and to much more people,
Fedora is not just a Linux distribution with which we work, it is a
personal thing and to be part of it´s expansion is a reason for
pride.

Obviously a Fedora´s fan wish to use it
for any day-to-day tasks: it is powerfull, stable, reliable and
solid, but when the subject is critic mission servers, the short
cycle ends on a harmfull point. On such cases, any upgrade is
considered high risk and I´m sure that you all agree with that..
To use CentOS or Red Hat is a good choice, but that´s not the
point; It isn´t the case to search alternatives, but to have
for work one of the best distributions on the world and have to,
unfortunately, give it up for great risk tasks where long cycles are
better fit.

Do not forget that the people who make the
Fedora team immense, frenetic and incomparably competent also has
people around the world, including Brazil´s cavern men, who
abdicate days off, nights and even college class time for love (as
well as everyone here) to Fedora.

Regards

Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank."
Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")