Fedora Banner for TuxMachines.org

Marek Mahut mmahut at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 24 06:33:38 UTC 2007

Karlie Robinson wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I usually buy the top banner at tuxmachines.org and I was
> wondering if we could come up with something to put up there when Fedora
> 8 releases?  (TuxMachines has been very good to the developers who list
> at On-Disk - see
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Linux_Projects_Best_Kept_Secret)
>
> Now the banner can be linked to the project home page, or someplace else
> if you like.
>
> I'd also go out on a limb to say that I would really like a banner to
> support the Free Media project in some way, but I'm not sure the best
> way to go about it.
>
> The problem I'm having is that we should try to increase Free Media
> discs sent, rather than requests.
>
> So should we come up something about sponsorships and then link back to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/SponsoredMedia
>
> Or what other ideas do you have?  We have a little while before the
> banner at TuxMachines will run so lets do some thinking

Karlie, I think that the best to do it's to link it to Fedora 8
announcement when it's out. Regarding Free Media Program, it's unlikely
that someone clicks on banner and starts sending free media to others, imho.

--
Marek Mahut                           http://www.fedoraproject.org/
Fedora Project                              http://www.jamendo.com/