Re: Res: Fedora Life Cycle

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 23:25 -0500, Jim Nanney wrote:

> Life cycle is how long the distribution is supported with updates.
> Release cycle is how long before the next version is released.

Thanks for the clarification, it's a good and fine point.

Therefore, the question out there is:  "Who will provide support for a
Long Life Cycle (LLC) Fedora version?"

One choice is to try to convince the Project to extend the life cycle.
That seems (to me) like a hard field to try to plow again; it's already
plowed, planted, and producing good harvests.

Another choice is to add a parallel team that provides the LLC Fedora.
It's like annexing the field next door and planting it in a new way.

If your goal is to have an LLC Fedora for whatever reason, I encourage
you to focus on the second option.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.