future of FUDCon proposal

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 20:52:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 16:34 -0400, Paul Stauffer wrote:

> My one concern from the perspective of a host/organizer is that by picking a
> firm date based on the timing of another event, it may really limit the
> ability of a place like BU to be able to continue hosting FUDCon. If there
> is no flexibility in the dates, there will be a possibility that we might
> not be able to host it at all if there happens to be some scheduling
> conflict on our end. A bit of flexibility always helps with that. That said,
> we managed to do it in conjunction with LinuxWorld for two years, though the
> 2005 FUDCon suffered a bit as a result of that constraint.

That's a good point.

Greg:  How connected to the Red Hat Summit are the FUDCons?  Is the
Summit providing space and etc.?

There was some niceness about the independent working, and BU has been
an awesome partner/contributor in this.  But getting a chance to make
FUDCon a bigger and better thing is worth it.  Imagine if $someone were
doing all the logistics and all we have to do is fill the whiteboard on
the day of the talks? :)

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.