increasing the reach of fedora-marketing

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Mon Oct 29 01:59:26 UTC 2007

søn, 28 10 2007 kl. 21:35 -0400, skrev Rik van Riel:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 02:14:54 +0100
> David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
> > søn, 28 10 2007 kl. 19:31 -0400, skrev Rik van Riel:
> >
> > For a while now I've been thinking about doing a "looking ahead" page
> > to show off the upcoming features in Fedora.
>
> One question though: who would look at the page?
>
> If it is just Fedora users looking at the page, the page will
> still be interesting for them, but it will not help get wide
> publicity for the Fedora project.
>
> If the goal is to increase Fedora's press exposure, we may be
> better off writing (small) articles about technology as things
> are implemented and get those distributed as widely as possible.
>
> What is your goal?

I don't see why it wouldn't be as good an option to get a bit of press
and stir up some attention by showing off what we are working on as
doing articles. I certainly think we should do both, and let's amass a
digg army to flood the web with Fedora information. It's one thing to
have the information, it's a complete other problem to get the
information spread. So far we've seemed to just put in on the wiki and
hope people would pick up on it, we need to be more proactive in
promoting our coolness.

I blogged about the lack of selfworth we seem to have a while back, we
don't tell people about all our cool developments, if we aren't proud of
and vocal about our work why should the users or the press be?

- David