Vixta: Nice concept, incomplete execution

"Vixta is a new Linux distribution, first released only last month, based on the not-yet-released Fedora 8. Its main objective is to emulate the visual aspects of Microsoft Vista."

http://www.linux.com/feature/120278

Couple of things:

"On the desktop is a Vixta installer, which is the Fedora live CD installer with no customizations or changes. It walks the user through configuration steps such as partitioning and setting up filesystems. It installs a standard system -- no package selection is offered." Doesn't sound very glowing, and is something we'll run into when F8 ships.

Also:

"No Vixta source code has been made available, but some on the forum suggested that since the distribution is based on Fedora core, whose source is readily available, it isn't necessary -- though this is not true <http://www.linux.com/articles/55285>."

Do we have someone that looks into cases like that?

   -Mike