Xen Fedora 7 How to

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 20 14:48:14 UTC 2007

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/xen_gui_fedora_7_desktop
>
> While the how to is related to marketing in a sense.  What I found most
> surprising was that it was on the front page of Digg.  I haven't seen a
> lot of Fedora info on the front page of Digg (linux/unix) so I thought I
> would post this to the list to just point this out.  Seems like Fedora
> is being significant inroads in the contribution of the tools for Xen.
> Good work to the devs.

Fedora wiki has a more official howto on virtualization at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Fedora7VirtQuickStart

We are absolutely leading the front of virtualization. Pretty much all
the other distributions have adopted Fedora's libvirt, virt-manager,
virt-factory and family of tools.

Fedora 8 will enhance this even further

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureVirtSecurity
http://berrange.com/personal/diary/2007/08/fedora-8-virtualization-work-in

This and security enhancements are something in which Fedora blows away
many mainstream distributions.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security/Features
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2007-September/msg00015.html

I expect we will progress rapidly on the providing a good base for
custom spins and derivatives too.

I have linked many references to

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CustomSpins