Interview 3

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 30 15:35:47 UTC 2007

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I noticed that Rahul had made a few corrections to the wiki page,
> posted to digg etc so a big thank you!

NP.

Digg link at

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Fedora_8_and_Online_Desktop

I have posted to Fedora forum news section which appears in the front
page. Also to osnews where it has been accepted a few minutes back

http://osnews.com/story.php/18705/Fedora-8-and-the-Online-Desktop

> Have you sent LWN etc or would you like me to do those?

Already done. You could do it on Lxer and Linux Today too as well as blog.

Maybe if a few
> of us submitted to slashdot we might be able to get on there as well -
> though I doubt it as it seems incredibly hard to do!
>
> Anyhow, thanks for the help, it's hugely appreciated :D

I think slashdot might be interested since GNOME online desktop
initiative was posted there and got a lot of comments. Feel free to try.

Also note that there are a list of new features which are pretty nice
but hasn't been in the feature list.

system-config-firewall which is a entirely new firewall tool, compiz
fusion and potentially a games spin among others. The earlier release
notes mentions some of them.  The feature list process is new for this
release and hopefully will get more comprehensive over time but that
isn't the only place to look for new and interesting features.