Laptops designed for Linux: Matt Domsch

Juan Carlos Lin fedora.lin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 15:18:55 UTC 2007

Hi Raul,

I am Juan Carlos Lin, Fedora Ambassador for Paraguay

I have a Asus W5Fm notebook with built in camera 0x0c45:6253 Microdia WebCam
Usb2.0, and search over internet about linux driver for this web cam, and
only find out a propietary driver sc9cxxx.ko driver on sourgeforce.net

This is an sn9c201/ sn9c202 compatible WebCam, and will like to know if Dell
has some WebCam driver that can fit to me, of course, with Fedora 7

Thank you very much

Juan Carlos Lin

2007/8/25, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:

> Hi
>
> Matt Domsch, Dell employee and Fedora Board member talks about the
> importance of Free kernel drivers in the upstream kernel to the
> selection of Dell systems to run Linux amoung other details. Good to
> hear more people get the right ideas and spread it along.
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com/podcasts/linux/2007/081407-linuxcast.html
>
> "Now that Dell offers Linux as an option on desktops and notebooks, how
> does that affect the company's hardware selections? LinuxWorld
> Conference and Expo speaker Matt Domsch explains how Dell uses vendors'
> free drivers at kernel.org to help pick the hardware that goes into the
> next generation of Dell products."
>
> Rahul

Juan Carlos Lin