Possible marketing idea.

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Sep 3 08:00:39 UTC 2007

Giacomo Succi escribió:

> Hi everyone.
> Everyone, unfortunatly, have clear in their mind the M$ stickers like
> "Designed for XP" and things like that.
> Anyone plan to create something like that for Fedora?
> I don't say to produce that stickers in plastic material or things
> like that (is too expensive I guess) but to produce the idea so, in
> example during a Fedora advocacy session, we can print this stickers
> (on a adhesive paper in example) to give is as a gift to the people.
> Or, in other hand, give them the option to print them by them self.
> The design will be done by the art team.
>
> That is only an idea.
> I'm waiting for your opinions/critics :).
>
> Happy Fedoring :).
>
> [The term "Fedoring" is lossy based upon the term "Netbeaning" coined
> (as far as I know) by a Netbeans (OSS IDE for Java development)
> Podcast :)]

With this idea in mind, some time ago (during the days of Fedora Core 5)
I created this concept for "stickers"...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/thetargos/Various/Poweredby.png

This one is the one I liked the most, but I also created these other
"designs", not only for Fedora, but for Linux in general:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/thetargos/Various/Stickers.png -
Group of stickers in Spanish and English

These are variations of the same idea in Spanish:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/thetargos/Various/Etiqueta-tux-Es-plain.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/thetargos/Various/etiqueta-tux-Es-black.png

The same as above, in English:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/thetargos/Various/Etiqueta-tux-En-plain.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/thetargos/Various/etiqueta-tux-En-black.png

I've got the original Inkscape's SVGs if someone of the Artwork team
wants them.