Associating the Red Hat and Fedora brands?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Apr 1 00:03:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 17:26 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> If, in splash screens for Fedora, we put a tasteful "sponsored by Red Hat"
> with the Shadowman logo somewhere small... how would you all feel about
> that?

I think I'm OK in principle, but can or should we leave the door open to
list other folks here that also sponsor the Fedora project?  Dell, IBM
to name a couple, HP/Intel in the ia64 space, Sun in the sparc space,
Marvell in the ARM space, etc...  I'm all for having a little more
shadowman in the branding, but I don't want to make it seem like Red Hat
is the only one throwing resources behind the project.  Then again, I
also don't want our artwork to start looking like a NASCAR car.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)