CD/DVD cover markings

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 23:42:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:19 -0600, Clint Savage wrote:
> 2008/4/3 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
>         As I was at a big expo over the course of this week, I
>         discovered our
>         CD/DVD covers need a couple things:
>
>         1.  A great big link on the back cover to
>         http://fedoraproject.org/
>
>         2.  A note that there are other kinds of discs available for
>         download at
>         that URL.
>
>         3.  A note that people can *get involved* in Fedora.
>
>         One note could probably accomplish this:
>
>            Visit http://fedoraproject.org/ to download other Fedora
>            software, or learn how you can help.  (No experience
>         necessary.)
>
> These are all great, but I want to make sure this time that the
> version number is on the cd jacket somewhere!  Every time I hand out
> one of those Werewolf CDs, the next inevitable question is "What
> version is this?"

+1

I put in a request to the Art list for help in making a small,
rectangular image to print on a sheet of labels/stickers.  These get
applied to USB flash drives with Fedora on them.  Not much space to work
with, but a bit easier than get them printed on directly.

There are "standard" label sizes that I've seen in OO.org.  Maybe just
an SVG image for minor manipulation (spin name?) and sizing to fit on
whatever label you have.

- Karsten

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41