Offer to help editors?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 14:13:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Without a solid understanding of the governance model of Fedora, how
> Red Hat has participating historically and how this is changing over a
> period of time, the higher relevance of this announcement might just
> be lost.

So this is a good example for all of us to talk around.

Fedora has an announcement to make that is somewhat newsworthy.

It's certainly an announcement that should come from the Fedora Project
Leader, and fedora-announce-list is the obvious place to make it.

Paul did a good job of providing some context for what the announcement
means in his email.

Fedora Planet is also a good place for other Fedora folks to add
commentary to the announcement, etc.

If a media person decides to pick it up and write a little article about
it, we can't force them to ping us for more information, but we can give
them as much context as possible.

We know that media folks watch fedora-announce-list and
fedora-devel-announce.

I think we could also be well served by thinking about our "Press Page"
on the Fedora wiki.

Sort of a page that says "are you trying to write an article about
Fedora?  Here's some useful resources:"

1) fedora-announce-list and fedora-devel-announce
2) Fedora Weekly News
3) Fedora Planet
4) press at fedoraproject.org for interview requests, etc.

--Max