[Fwd: I want to help support development]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:17:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:08:57AM -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> [...]

Hello Kerry,

The Fedora trademarks are owned by Red Hat, Inc., and the Fedora Board
helps to monitor their use.  Our trademark guidelines are located
here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Trademark_guidelines#Non-software_goods

To sell any non-software goods with the Fedora brand requires a
written trademark license from the Board.  You may request this
license through fedora-board-list at redhat.com.

However, my sense of the Board's approach in the past tells me they're
unlikely to issue a license for private enterprises to sell
Fedora-branded goods, even if a portion of the proceeds come back to
Fedora.