The Face of Fedora Video Campaign

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 18 15:03:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Jack Aboutboul <jaa at redhat.com> wrote:

> 1. Concept: We have had 3-4 different suggestions on how this should be
> framed and maybe its time to solidify the idea. What do we end up naming it?
> Do we want to professionally produce it, or have user submitted videos?
>  Will we follow a general guideline for such videos or will it be freeform?
>  This will help people who end up shooting/editing/aggregating video have a
> clear definition of what needs to be filmed and how it needs to be edited.

User made +1, Professional quality would be better (at least just
because my eyes enjoy seeing something smoothly that a low quality
video), the only problem is that we need a camera that could be moved
around. Another option would be to use 2 or few more places and let
someone doing the video there (maybe changing the set).

Maybe a script could be useful, but with just some guidelines that
could help the video maker to stay in the topic.

> 2. Content:  What do we want to have the people in the video, doing or
> saying.  What is the message?

We could use the 4Fs and/or the "infinity, freedom, voice" motto. I
think those would usefull with the efforts done making those ones a
reality, and I'm sure they real represent the Fedora way. Maybe short
moments of his/her life and a direct/indirect link with fedora.

I think we have to give a value to what is just done and maybe trying
to push it, maybe, improving it.

> 3. Presentation: What is the Visual Motif?

GMail used its logo to link each video. Maria Leandro's video link
give another possibility. Personally I think the last idea to connect
a body movement (maybe a sort of infinity with the arms could be
great, but it's hard to explain without a photo/sketch) with a message
is the better one if we want to give a deep/moral impact to the
campaign, instead, if it aimed to improve brand/community visibility,
try to find something that could let people see the Fedora logo or
affine.

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini