SCaLE 7x Booth Preparations

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 05:31:30 UTC 2008

Marketers and Ambassadors,

I've taken on the responsibility (along with Larry Cafiero) of manning
and supporting the fedora booth at SCALE7x this year.

For those of you who have not been or heard of SCaLE, it's the
Southern California Linux Exposition and it's held at the Westin near
the LAX airport every year.  Last year's booth[1] was awesome.  It was
my first real induction helping at events sponsored by Fedora.

SCaLE is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 20-22, 2009, and while
that seems a long while off, two months go by quickly.  If you can
commit to taking the time, we'd love to have you help out at the
booth.  I believe the admission price is 50% off (normal price is $60)
for those who help at the booth, and possibly for every Fedora
contributor (more info to come on this later).

This year looks to be an even greater year for Fedora, with a big
movement of Ambassadors in North America, SCaLE promises to be a big
success for us again.  The booth this year is again looking for
volunteers and we need to fill the three days from 9am to 5pm, so if
you are interested in helping, let us know by signing up at the
SCALE7x wiki page[2].

In addition, I'd like to see some new banners to put into the Fedora
EventBox[3] and some posters for the four f's (this is indeed our new
mantra) as well.  I know this art is already created, we just need to
get it in place.  Thus, I suggest we update the EventBox(en) out there
with these materials ASAP.  I've seen discussion of this in IRC and
mailing lists.  If you know anything about this, please respond here
with that information as well.

I look forward to a very successful year of Fedora Events, starting
with SCaLE 7x.

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/SCALE/SCALE6X