Fedora 10 is a 10

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 1 15:06:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

Apparently, artwork is considered a waste of time by this user. A
response is in order.

"Ok, I think they're grasping a bit with some of those to get to 10 new
and improved features but I'll allow it since Fedora 10 impressed me as
much has it did.

But, I won't let them get away with "prettying" features like new
artwork and themes. That has nothing to do with functionality,
stability, or usability. As far as I'm concerned, that stuff is a grand
waste of time for a team bent on improving the operating system.

Come on guys, focus here. You're trying to compete with the likes of
Windows, Mac, and the other Linux distributions. You're on the right
track with improved support for WebCams, video cards, and making
software management easier and more intelligent--keep your eyes on the
goal of making those kinds of improvements."